Clear all

where there be more stats for france and its Allies and more for Russia too

6 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@agathosdaimon)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Hi - thank you for making available some force stats now thats that. Though these are just individual unit stats - i noticed in teh rule book the example stat card was for a whole division - so is that something different or can all the same stats be worked out from these you have made available?

Also will there be more stats for units not featured - like the French Imperial guard units, and also for Frances allies like Bavaria, and Polish units? among others as well as more of the Russia forces lke the Tatars and

David
(@david)
Reputable Member Admin

Posted by: @agathosdaimon

Hi - thank you for making available some force stats now thats that. Though these are just individual unit stats - i noticed in teh rule book the example stat card was for a whole division - so is that something different or can all the same stats be worked out from these you have made available?

The Stat Cards shown in the Rulebook are those available for purchase and provide the Stats for Units grouped together by what Formation they are likely to be in. We published the Stats for the Units. Can you clarify what you think is missing from the Unit Stats we posted for free download?

Also will there be more stats for units not featured - like the French Imperial guard units, and also for Frances allies like Bavaria, and Polish units? among others as well as more of the Russia forces lke the Tatars and

No, we're never going to publish any more Unit Stats or information of any kinda again 😉 Yes, of course more is coming. We haven't even covered everything that is included in the two Series 3 Campaign Guides published. But it is ~25 years of warfare amongst 7 major factions and perhaps upwards of two-three dozen minor factions (depending on how one counts), so we expect we'll be publishing information over time, much as we haven't published every Campaign Guide we're ever going to already.

-David

ReplyQuote
(@agathosdaimon)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

thanks - i guess i still havent digested everything and just wondered if the formation organisations on the cards conferrred any kind of details or stat or something , which sounds not to be the case. i think from here on i will only come back with queries after having read the book through in more detail

I was assuming there would be more stats for the nations already given so far, but just wanted to check as i am still not familiar with what the overall project of ESR might be - whether it will be endlessly adaptable and built upon, or if it was going to be some kind of closed source game that would be just have a fixed lists for each side - your explanation has indicated this clearly not to be the case.

I will await the campaign guide now that i ordered and will probably buy the cards at a later stage .

I wont trouble with any more inane queries from here, rather just hopefully legitimate questions that may arise as i go about putting it all together

ReplyQuote
David
(@david)
Reputable Member Admin

I wont trouble with any more inane queries from here, rather just hopefully legitimate questions that may arise as i go about putting it all together

Questions are welcome, that's the reason for the forum. Hope my joke about 'no more coming ever' didn't put you off, it was meant in a friendly fashion.

We're working pretty feverishly currently – That's the nature of product launches, and we've had quite a few logistical hiccups this particular year, so many of my/our replies here and elsewhere are very fast to the keyboard just because of the pace we're moving at.

We've published the Unit Stats (and Commander Stats as well) which match the card sets we've made available for purchase so far. There's a huge amount of material for the period, so it obviously takes a long time to compile, adapt, in many cases, test, etc…, there's lots more to come as far as Unit Stats come and Stat Cards. While the 90-card French Commander Deck is huge, it is even not exhaustive and there will likely be some characters added to that at some point.

-David

ReplyQuote
(@agathosdaimon)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

you didnt put me off replying, i just realised that i need to do the prudent thing and read the book more.

i look forward to gettign further stats - in particular the prussian army as i have such a fascination with the 1813 period

ReplyQuote
David
(@david)
Reputable Member Admin

you didnt put me off replying, i just realised that i need to do the prudent thing and read the book more.

Glad to hear it!

i look forward to gettign further stats - in particular the prussian army as i have such a fascination with the 1813 period

You'll find some in the 1812-1s3: Master of the World, 1812 in Russia Campaign Guide you ordered as they had a limited Force involved in that campaign and they do show up in one of the smaller engagements.

-David

ReplyQuote
Share: