The Quick Reference Guide for ESR Series 3 is a small change and a huge change all at once.
What’s the Same?
The Quick Reference Guide is still available for for free download.
The Quick Reference Guide is still color-coded and organized by the phases of the turn: Command is blue, Movement is green, Combat is red; and is presented in that order for easy reference during game play.
Each table is also still laid out from top to bottom in the same order as before:
- The title of the table.
- When the table is used or a summary of the procedure to use it.
- The modifiers applicable to the mechanic.
- The results.
- Notes about application of the results or explanations.
The size. The Quick Reference Guide is now half its former size, only half a sheet of paper (double-sided).
This was accomplished in two ways:
- Many results can now be read from the die roll result instead of a long list.
- Some stats (such as movement rates) have been moved* to the ESR Stat Cards.
*We will also be publishing ‘expanded’ Quick Reference Guides which include movement rates and ranged for various ground scales.