Clear all

Partial Deployed formations

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@cybermann)
Topic starter  

Hi

I have a question regarding partial deployment and attack orders. I understand that it isnt a good idea to give an attack order to a ployed formation, as I think there been a change to the attack orders in series 3 as the formation gets to make one deployment roll and then must attack, whereas in version 2 I understood they could fully deploy before implementing their attack.

This order alteration fits in well with what happened at Teugn Hausen, when Davout ordered St Hilaire to attack the Austrians between these villages, by quickly deploying and sending in the 3rd Ligne, and then the 57th Ligne to throw the Austrian's back

Therefore my Question is what happens to the ployed part of the formation.

1. Does it move with attacking part to keep cohesion or remain where it is ?
2. What happens to assets, can they be placed behind the battle waves deployed ?
3. What happens to the reformation area, does it also place itself within 900yds of the deployed parts ?

Jim

David
(@david)
Reputable Member Admin

Posted by: @cybermann

I think there been a change to the attack orders in series 3 as the formation gets to make one deployment roll and then must attack, whereas in version 2 I understood they could fully deploy before implementing their attack.

Yes, that is correct. Though there has also been a change to the Attack [A] Directive in that in 2nd Ed. Attack [A] required a Formation to go to contact with the enemy, now in Series 3 Attack [A] only requires the Regulating Unit to Threaten the enemy.

Therefore my Question is what happens to the ployed part of the formation.

1. Does it move with attacking part to keep cohesion or remain where it is ?

Yes, it is required to move and remain Cohesive with the rest of the Formation.

2. What happens to assets, can they be placed behind the battle waves deployed ?

Yes. Any Assets that are uncommitted must remain within the Formation Reserve which is directly behind the center of the rear most deployed battle wave.

3. What happens to the reformation area, does it also place itself within 900yds of the deployed parts ?

Yes, the Reformation Area must move to remain Cohesive, within 900 yards (5.2.8).

-David

ReplyQuote
(@cybermann)
Topic starter  

Thank you David, quick reply, and I love what I am seeing of the new rules

Jim

ReplyQuote
Share: