Notifications
Clear all

Reform

LloydEaker
(@lloydeaker)
Topic starter  

I believe that Reform my be given to any Formation as a Leader Action, with no die roll. I see nothing about distance or moving to the Formation so at any range. Two Fatigues may be removed for each unit removed from the Formation. The Formation remains under Reform until it is replaced by some other Directive or Status. The units of the Reforming Formation may move into Cohesion with the Regulating unit, which may not move. Is this movement immediately done during the Command Phase?

During the Movement step is the formation able to move any of its units, or to contact the enemy? (Since it is not listed in the movement order I presume it may not move at all.)

If the enemy contacts units of a Reforming Formation, is there any other affects?

Since a Defending Formation moves after an Attacking Formation it may move uncontacted units into contact after the Attacker has moved. So a Reforming Formation cannot do this?

This topic was modified 2 weeks ago by David

LloydEaker
(@lloydeaker)
Topic starter  

Well, I miss typed the title on this.

ReplyQuote
David
(@david)
Designer Admin

Posted by: @lloydeaker

I believe that Reform my be given to any Formation as a Leader Action, with no die roll. I see nothing about distance or moving to the Formation so at any range. Two Fatigues may be removed for each unit removed from the Formation. The Formation remains under Reform until it is replaced by some other Directive or Status.

Correct.

The units of the Reforming Formation may move into Cohesion with the Regulating unit, which may not move. Is this movement immediately done during the Command Phase?

Technically they may move closer to the Regulating Unit, I only specify this because the Units still must have the moment to get there and it is unlikely, but possible, they could be separated by too much distance/terrain to regain Cohesion if they start outside of it.

Yes, the movement is executed immediately, during the Command Phase.

During the Movement step is the formation able to move any of its units, or to contact the enemy? (Since it is not listed in the movement order I presume it may not move at all.)

Also correct.

If the enemy contacts units of a Reforming Formation, is there any other affects?

The Formation would still suffer a terrible Cohesion penalty (per 8.6). As far as impact on movement, Units conducting the allowed Reform movement during the Command Phase can't contact the enemy, and they aren't allowed movement during the Movement Phase. So the net-effect is they are in a horrible situation likely racking up significant Fatigue.

Since a Defending Formation moves after an Attacking Formation it may move uncontacted units into contact after the Attacker has moved. So a Reforming Formation cannot do this?

Correct.

A Reforming [RM] Formation is assumed to be spending all its efforts reorganizing and, in many circumstances, is kind of a sitting duck. It isn't defenseless, but its ability to respond is definitely lacking. Players don't want to use this with a front line Formation.

Good questions. We've updated the Errata to address a couple of these points.

PS

Well, I miss typed the title on this.

No problem, corrected it for you!

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by David

-David

ReplyQuote
Share: