[Solved] Multiple combats by a unit?  

RSS

Bishnak1
(@bishnak1)
19/05/2019 5:07 am  

Hi guys,

I’ve just started with the rules and as I work my way through them have a few questions:

Do two opposing units keep fighting if they maintain combat? I had the situation today where cavalry was fighting cavalry. On a result of 4+ difference in combat, the loser retires 450 yards and the winner advances 450 yards. It is clear that if the winner advances into a new unit (eg. from a supporting line), they fight again. But if they advance into the same (retiring) opponent, then do they then again? It seems to me that if they do that this could result in many combats between the same units, back and forth?

bish

David liked
David
(@david)
Designer Admin
19/05/2019 9:37 am  

But if they advance into the same (retiring) opponent, then do they then again?

Yes, any contact results in a Combat Resolution.

It seems to me that if they do that this could result in many combats between the same units, back and forth?

It can, this is an area where what is going on is abstracted and "the dice tell the tale", potentially the initial loser retires but subsequently puts up a strong enough front the initial winner is turned back. There are also times the initial loser continues to lose and is driven off by an initial winner who is effectively pursuing.

-David

ReplyQuote
Share: