Clear all

Mass Cavalry Assault definition.

2 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@gozza)
New Member Customer
Topic starter  

What is considered a mass cavalry assault for purposes of applying the MC characteristic. In other words how many squadron groups are required for a mass cavalry assault? 

I can't see Marshal Ney leading & risking his life & reputation for anything less than a cavalry division.

David
(@david)
Reputable Member Admin

Posted by: @gozzaozgmail-com

What is considered a mass cavalry assault for purposes of applying the MC characteristic. In other words how many squadron groups are required for a mass cavalry assault? 

There's no requirement. The ability to Lead Mass Cavalry is the ability to coordinate a continued wave assault, not a particular number of Units.

Posted by: @gozzaozgmail-com

I can't see Marshal Ney leading & risking his life & reputation for anything less than a cavalry division.

In 1806 he ignored his two divisions and took his avant garde right into the Prussian army unsupported and without orders… resulting in Napoléon having to send troops in to rescue him. Between that and his conduct during the retreat from Russia, I can honestly picture Ney risking his life and reputation over twelve guys and a bacon sandwich. But in any case, if you're playing Ney, it is an option, not a requirement. So up to you.

This post was modified 3 years ago by David

-David

gozza reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: