Notifications
Clear all

Assessment Modifiers and Combat Losses

niggle
(@niggle)
Topic starter  

In an Assessment after combat there is a -2 modifer applied for every three combat losses suffered during the turn. A Formation can of course take part in multiple rounds of combat during a turn, each of which would cause an Assessment.  Am I playing it correctly that the combat losses in the turn are cumulative, or is each round of combat separate and losses from previous rounds are ignored for the purposes of Assessments? The rules do say it is the number of losses during the turn, implying that they are cumulative, but I thought I should check.

Thank you

David
(@david)
Designer Admin

Posted by: @niggle

Am I playing it correctly that the combat losses in the turn are cumulative, or is each round of combat separate and losses from previous rounds are ignored for the purposes of Assessments? The rules do say it is the number of losses during the turn, implying that they are cumulative, but I thought I should check.

Correct.

-David

ReplyQuote
niggle
(@niggle)
Topic starter  

Thank you for clarifying that.  It makes sense, especially where a Formation suffers fewer than three combat losses in each individual round of combat and therefore might only incur the -2 penalty if such losses in the turn are cumulative.  It does seem a bit harsh on Formations that suffer three combat losses in the first round of combat and are penalised for the same losses in every subsequent Assessment. I guess that such instances are relatively uncommon and I cannot recall any games where I have had more than two rounds of combat in a turn, so the effect is perhaps not that significant.

ReplyQuote
Share: