Clear all

Plastic soldiers

2 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@chris)
Eminent Member Customer
Topic starter

I got my French and Russian corps last week and started painting. They are a joy to paint. So far, I've only done the Cossacks, but they were so easy I finished them in a day. Perfect for this scale. No need to prime them - the paint adheres perfectly, I found. Only one unidentified bump - I assumed it was the usual Russian tin cup, hanging off the strap. 

It's impossible to overstate how much I enjoy painting these figures. Unlike metal, which have many unclear features and features that are difficult to paint, these guys practically tell you where to put the paint. They're amazing. After painting, I spray with a latex clear matte finish that I got at Dick Blick, the art supply store. This has the advantage of being more flexible than other spray sealer/matte or flat coats. 

Finally, the wagons were a huge surprise. They are superb, and they will attract a lot of positive interest on the table. 

I hope that fortune will smile on this endeavor, and more troop types will appear to fill in the gaps in cavalry and artillery, guards, etc.

Posted : 21/08/2023 9:41 pm
David reacted
David
(@david)
Reputable Member Admin

@chris

Thank you so very much! We're thrilled at the reaction these are getting from people. Please don't hesitate to post about them elsewhere on the web and get the word out! Can't wait to see photos!

-David

Posted : 23/08/2023 9:21 am
Share: