Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Master of the World reprint  

RSS

mj.martino481@gmail.com
(@mj-martino481gmail-com)
Active Member Customer
12/02/2020 5:13 pm  

Will the next printing of Master of the World be available at Cold Wars?

David liked
David
(@david)
Designer Admin
12/02/2020 5:46 pm  
Posted by: @mj-martino481gmail-com

Will the next printing of Master of the World be available at Cold Wars?

Very frustratingly, no. We are working daily on 1812-1 and Iberia-1: To Assure My Dynasty, 1808 in Iberia to get them both (along with 1814-1) back in-print ASAP but unfortunately they will not begin shipping until after the spring convention season.

-David

ReplyQuote
mj.martino481@gmail.com
(@mj-martino481gmail-com)
Active Member Customer
13/02/2020 10:55 am  

Thanks David. Waiting patiently....

David liked
ReplyQuote
David
(@david)
Designer Admin
09/04/2020 12:12 am  

And, to demonstrate both that progress is being made, and to give you an idea of what the reprint of 1812-1 will be like:

1812-1: Smolensk Scenario

-David

ReplyQuote
Jhykron
(@jhykron)
15/05/2020 2:52 am  

Like the new format.

One thing that strikes me as odd: Why do the Russian Guard Hussar and Uhlans get 5 squadron groups? I am not aware of them being any larger than the Dragoon and Cuirassier regiments of the army... every source I've ever seen has them with 4 field squadrons at the battles (not the 8 that the regular light cavalry had).

ReplyQuote
Jhykron
(@jhykron)
27/05/2020 6:24 pm  

And who is this "Vasilyev" guy who keeps showing up commanding the Russian 3rd cavalry corps? I am aware of A. Vasilyev the Russian historian, but not of a cavalry general by that name.

ReplyQuote
David
(@david)
Designer Admin
27/05/2020 7:50 pm  
Posted by: @jhykron

One thing that strikes me as odd: Why do the Russian Guard Hussar and Uhlans get 5 squadron groups? I am not aware of them being any larger than the Dragoon and Cuirassier regiments of the army... every source I've ever seen has them with 4 field squadrons at the battles (not the 8 that the regular light cavalry had).

This I'll have to look into, presently focused on our revision of Iberia-1 so I'm not dug into our 1812-1 source material presently. Possible it is an error. The other thing to consider is that 'squadron group' ≠ 'squadron'. A squadron group is ~200-300 horsemen, so if those two regiments are larger, that would explain it, but again, I'll have to look back and confirm.

Posted by: @jhykron

And who is this "Vasilyev" guy who keeps showing up commanding the Russian 3rd cavalry corps? I am aware of A. Vasilyev the Russian historian, but not of a cavalry general by that name.

This is almost certainly an error. Korff was likely commanding a combined 2. & 3. Rezervnyy Kavaleriyskiy Korp at Borodino. Off the top of my head don't recall who had the 3. Rezervnyy Kavaleriyskiy Korp at Smolensk but we'll look at updating the Smolensk scenario download once I have opportunity to confirm its commander there.

Thanks for the catches!

This post was modified 14 hours ago by David

-David

ReplyQuote
Share: